The Georgia International Horse Park welcomes you to enjoy our venue and events. Please respect these rules and regulations to create a safe and enjoyable environment for you, your pets and other park visitors.
1. No parking allowed in barn areas except for loading and unloading. Parking is permitted in designated areas only. No vehicles are allowed in the barns at any time. Violators will be towed at vehicle owner’s expense.
2. No open flame is allowed in or near GIHP buildings, barns or facilities.
3. No heat-producing appliances such as coffee makers, space heaters, etc. shall be used in barns except in designated areas.
4. Exhibitors, vendors, campers, motor homes, horse vans, etc. are not permitted to hook up to electric transformers, distribution panels, light poles, electric receptacles (other than for routine barn use), generators, etc. without express approval of the GIHP Management.
5. Temporary power cords (drop cords) when used at the GIHP shall be of the three-wire type and suitable for intended use. All drop cords shall be used with the ground fault protected outlets to prevent accidental electrocution.
6. Only authorized personnel shall enter closed arenas, storage buildings, maintenance buildings, mechanical rooms, electrical rooms, etc. without express approval from the GIHP Management.
7. No smoking allowed within the confines of the barns, show office or any other GIHP owned facility or vehicle.
8. Exhibitors shall not use nails or screws for attaching decorations or hanging tack, supplies, feed buckets, etc. in stalls. Exhibitors may use cable ties, duct tape, over-stall hangers, pushpins or small staples for these purposes. It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to remove these items upon load-out to prevent injury to future barn users and horses. Do not attach anything to conduit in the barn areas. Do not tie your horse to a stall door.
9. Exhibitor and/or vendor golf carts and other motorized vehicles are permitted on concrete and aggregate material roads only. Specifically, no golf carts or motorized vehicles are permitted in barn aisles, training arenas, competition arenas, grass areas, spectator areas, or trail system. Golf carts and all motorized vehicles shall be operated in a safe and cautious manner at all times by a licensed driver 16 years of age or older.
10. Horse washing is prohibited in barn aisles. Wash racks are provided for this purpose.
11. Longeing is permitted in longeing rings only. Longeing is strictly prohibited in training arenas, competition arenas and grass areas.
12. All pets must be kept on a maximum 6’ leash at all times and are the owner’s responsibility. This is a City of Conyers Ordinance. Owners are expected to use good judgement when allowing pets in public areas. Please pick up after your pets.
13. All horses on the Georgia International Horse Park property, whether for an event, trail ride or other purpose, must have proof off a negative EIA issued by a licensed veterinarian within the last twelve (12) months. Further, anyone on the premises must abide by all Georgia Department of Agriculture rules and policies, including, but not limited to, the prevention of equine infectious disease.
14. Horses are prohibited in public spectator areas. Specifically, horses are prohibited from all food service areas, spectator areas and the covered arena courtyard.
15. Only authorized persons shall operate GIHP equipment, i.e., golf carts, tractors, utility vehicles, etc.
16. No littering. Trash receptacles are located in all barns and spectator areas for your convenience.
17. Do not dispose of needles in trash receptacles. Sharps containers are located in the barns for proper disposal.
18. All manure and used shavings removed from stalls or trailers must be placed in specified areas; not in garbage cans.
19. The following items are strictly prohibited at the GIHP: Fireworks, illegal drugs, firearms, glass bottles, air horns, and any other items or articles which may detract from the safety and enjoyment of exhibitors and spectators as determined by the GIHP Management.
20. The GIHP is a No Drone Zone. Drones are not allowed to be flown on the GIHP property without express approval of the GIHP Management and property licensees.
21. No tents shall be erected or anchor stakes of any kind placed without prior express approval from GIHP Management. Licensee shall be responsible for any cost incurred as a result of damages to infrastructure such as electrical, water, irrigation or sewer lines.
22. Stall bedding (a minimum of two bags) is mandatory for all stalls occupied by an animal. Stall bedding may be ordered through Queen Sales. Deliveries from an outside vendor are not permitted.
23. Only one horse is allowed to be stabled in an individual stall.
24. No outside catering service or food/beverage service is permitted on the GIHP property. For organized parties or gatherings, please contact Proof of the Pudding at 770-860-4196 for food and beverage service.